Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI)
On any given day, there are dozens of employment liability risks business owners face.
Employing people is a risky business, with liabilities that employers never considered when they started growing their business. Not only do you need to comply with state and federal laws but it is your responsibility to stay informed and up-to-date when changes are made.
If you think an employment practices claim will never be made against your organization … think again. Employment related claims impact organizations of every size, in every industry and can disrupt businesses, hurt employee morale, damage reputations and cost businesses financially … even before going to court.
The lawsuits have had devastating results:
- The EEOC found that the average cost of fighting an EPLI case was $235,000
- A rise in wage-and-hour claims by laid-off workers alleging violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act and other laws has cost establishments millions of dollars.
At Brady Risk Management, we’ll implement an insurance program that provides
the coverage you need for claims made by employees involving:
- Discrimination (age, sex, race, disability, etc.)
- Wrongful Termination
- Wage & Hour
- Deprivation of career opportunity
- Failure to employ or promote, and other employment-related allegations